Friday, October 23, 2009

Week Eight Readings

I loved the HTML editor featured in the W3schools tutorial. It gave me a better sense of how to use HTML to design Web pages. I wanted to enter some of the HTML code into this post. Unfortunately by doing that, it caused blogger to crash and I lost everything I planned do post here. Regardless, the HTML tutorial was very useful and it answered a lot of questions I had regarding HTML Web page design

The HTML cheatsheet contained more HTML attributes that would cause blogger to crash if I posted them here. However, I may go search some websites on Google and see if i can type in different HTML into the URLs and change the websites according to the options described on the cheatsheet.

From looking at the CSS tutorial, I gathered that CSS is very similar to HTML. It said that I can change the text, layout, background, and margins all in one file. Does this mean that to change all those things in HTML I must save them in separate files? I am curious to try this out, though for the sake of not having my browser crash now I'll old off on it until I am doing something less important.

The Beyond HTML article helped me understand the importance of knowing HTML in case something goes awry with the website for any prospective institution I may work for. I also liked the description the article gave for an HTML template. I don't know a lot about content management systems though I plan to do some independent research on them to see how they work. I now am curious regarding how a content management system relates to HTML and how I can utilize them both with designing and maintaining a website.

No comments:

Post a Comment